Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Getting Out of My Own Way

I've been thinking of how "broken" I feel, almost at the point of disrepair (but I know better and that thought would shame people who encourage me); however, the 'little voice' inside of me refuses to say with confidence that "Yes, you ARE broken!" Instead, that voice and I debate the full range of feelings I experience daily: lethargy; morose; weepy; hopeless (even though I give good face when people ask my outlook on tomorrows); unmotivated; stuck; emotionally, mentally and even physically 'heavy', and relatively alone.

For fear of seeping into an irrevocable mien, I must combat these feelings and essentially get out of my own way. When I step aside, assess the roads I've travelled to arrive 'here', I recognize they warrant these feelings. Perhaps I'm not broken, instead, just in need of healing.

Healing - the restoration of damaged living tissue to normal function...sounds like a plan I'll sign up for! The alternative is saddening and debilitating...stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment