Sunday, September 5, 2010

Chasing Motherhood - Prelude

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. That's the sound of motherhood seemingly eluding me each day. God blessed me several times to conceive my babies, but oddly, without notice, either gently took them back or snatched them away violently from my womb when He wanted.


Now, more than ever, to keep the bond I have with their Daddy I want my babies back! But I know, like Bob Marley sang in "I Know",

'...Many a time I sit and wonder why
This race so - so very hard to run,
Then I say to my soul: take courage,
Battle to be won,
Like a ship that's tossed and driven,
Battered by the angry sea, yea-eah!
Say the tide of time was raging;
Don't let the fury fall on me, no, no!
(I) 'Cause I know (know) -know:
Jah will be waiting there...'

Today is a new day, of which I will try not to burden with sadness from yesterday, or problems I foresee in tomorrow. Blessed am I to have touched my babies, share them with people who love me and were excited for their arrival...and the opportunity to draw closer the man whom created them with me.

Chasing motherhood no more...it will come when it's ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment